Move Remove Collapse
X
Conversation Detail Module
Collapse
  • Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Start trying o create a bunch of rules about it, and you'll end up with more rules than you know what to do with.... and spending more time arguing over rules than over hunting territory.

Who wants to sit wasting good hunting time, waiting for an adjudicator to arrive?
    Who wants to be the adjuducator who has to drive all over the place to sort other people's problems, when he could be off hunting.?
    "The only logical response to an animal that lives obsessed with avoiding capture is to chase it." - Jose Ortega y Gassett

Comment

Originally posted by cooch View Post
      Start trying o create a bunch of rules about it, and you'll end up with more rules than you know what to do with.... and spending more time arguing over rules than over hunting territory.

Who wants to sit wasting good hunting time, waiting for an adjudicator to arrive?
      Who wants to be the adjuducator who has to drive all over the place to sort other people's problems, when he could be off hunting.?
      At the risk of appearing arrogant or condescending (far be it from me)I must point out that my question was rhetorical. It was intended to get hunters to think about the concepts.
      Bitter experience has taught me that failing to be proactive and to be aware of emerging issues has a profound negative effect on the future of hunting.

You may not be aware of the circumstances surrounding the loss of foxhounds. It had nothing to do with the hounds - hunter behaviour was the issue. Short memories and failure to learn for experiences had long been the bain of the hound hunting fraternity.
      "Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. Performance indicates what the animal actually is."

Comment

I think you covered it when you said "they are big boys".

Adults work such things out.
        "The only logical response to an animal that lives obsessed with avoiding capture is to chase it." - Jose Ortega y Gassett

Comment

Originally posted by cooch View Post
          I think you covered it when you said "they are big boys".

Adults work such things out.
          No they don't...............
          "Pedigree indicates what the animal should be. Conformation indicates what the animal appears to be. Performance indicates what the animal actually is."

Comment

I'm not familiar with the ethics of hound hunting in Vic or the unwritten rules but if all being equal could they not just flip for it? Looser moves on?

Comment

Originally posted by LoneWolf View Post
              I'm not familiar with the ethics of hound hunting in Vic or the unwritten rules but if all being equal could they not just flip for it? Looser moves on?
              Stop it! These sensible responses are not consistent with good hound hunting practises!

Comment

Working...
              X